What is a QROPS?
QROPS are designed for those living or working in the EU, but who still have a UK private pension. They give the pension holder the ability to have greater control over their fund and to take advantage of tax rates lower than those of British-based pension schemes.
To be eligible for a QROPS, you must be aged 18 or over and hold a UK private pension. A state pension will not be accepted, nor will a pension which is already linked to an annuity.
QROPS are designed to enable expats to transfer pension plans from the UK to an overseas jurisdiction where where they can enjoy minimal or even zero tax rates
If you live in an EU country, or are planning to do so in the near future, transferring your pension to a QROPS could allow you the freedom and flexibility you need.
Benefits of QROPS
Thousands of British expats have switched to a QROPS enjoying benefits including:
- All your money goes to your loved ones upon death
- You can take a lump sum of up to 30%, tax free at source
- You can take income from your pension in a more tax efficient way
- You can receive your pension benefits in the currency of your choice
- You don’t need to purchase an annuity, or pay UK charges upon death
- There is potential protection of the fund on any creditors or in the case of a divorce
- If you have a fund of over £1million there is no lifetime allowance charge which is 55% in the UK on funds in excess of £1million
Our QROPS service
We work with a panel of experts in the overseas pension market who are here to offer you impartial, no-obligation advice and a service of the highest possible quality.
So, if you’re looking for a QROPS service which can help you achieve your personal objectives and offer you a professional service with all the help and support you need, get in touch with us today.
Get your free guide to QROPS
Download your FREE guide to QROPS pensions today.
Discover all of the facts on the choices you have to making the most of your UK pension when you leave the UK
Get in touch…
Do you want more information about your pension options? Get in touch today and see how you can make the most of your UK pension
11 Station Rd,
Leeds LS18 5PA
00 44 20 3667 4615